Wagon Mounted Cable Handlers
The Cable Monorail System (CMS) Hauling unit (HU) was designed and built by GOS for the purposes of transitioning the England-France electricity interconnector through the Channel Tunnel.
The HU’s were built in general accordance with the UK Network Rail Railway Group Standard RIS- 1702-PLT, for the use of On-Track-machines in travelling and working mode on the UK Network Rail infrastructure and also approved for mounting to UK domestic registered TIPH Type 80t Container Flats (KFA Wagons).
The key features of the Wagon Mounted Cable Handler modules are:
- Bespoke fabricated hydraulically operated Stabilisers
- 15T GP Utility Winch driven by a Hagglunds hydraulic motor
- 450m Dyneema bond at 380kN; max bond tension 100kN
- Tower gantry complete with pulley sheaves and bearings
- An acoustic enclosure housing;
- 400L Diesel bunded fuel tank
- Bosch Rexroth Hydraulic Power Unit
- JCB TC4 129kW Elec Engine 4 cylinder with emission compliance US-EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV
- Firetrace automatic fire suppression system
Other specific features of the CMS HU machine include:
- Control cabin enclosure; complete with welfare, CCTV, communication system
- Scanreco RC400 G3 radio remote control global view with mini PCU and CAN bus output
- Manual recovery pump for emergency recovery
- LED Lighting; deck, work and cab lighting throughout the machine
- Deadman system for operational control
Each machine can be built to meet specific requirements of the client.