GOS have converted several lorry-based vehicles into road/rail vehicles, which typically can still be operated and driven on the highway provided that the correct wheels and tyres are fitted.
Thwaites Dumper Personnel Carrier
GOS Thwaites Dumper Personnel Carrier is an adaptation of an existing road/rail dumper truck. The tip/swivel body is removed and a specialist Personnel Carrier Body (PCB) is fitted. The PCB can be used to transport up to 14 persons from a possession access point to a possession worksite. It is the safest and most efficient solution to the problem of getting personnel to a worksite on the rail infrastructure.
The GOS Rail FUSO Canter Flatbed with Palfinger crane, GOS Rail FUSO Canter Box Body series and GOS Rail Emergency Service Series are UK Road/Rail conversions of road going Fuso Canter 4 x 4 mid-range lorry chassis. They aid loading and unloading, assist the welding of rail and transport of S&C components and transportation of personnel in emergency situations respectively.
- twin crew cab with accommodation for up to 6 persons, including driver
- designed to work/travel with Adjacent Line Open (ALO)
- Equipped with lockable tool cabinets, hand wash and mess facilities (dependent on variant)
- Flatbed also equipped with rear mounted Palfinger crane, remote control operated, nominal 4.6 mt capacity, complete with stabilisers
- Box body style complete with 500kg tail lift complete with side rails and trolley stops
- Box Body Lift up flap tail section for unrestricted access and OLE protection
GOS “ROCKET” Lorry
The GOS “Rocket” Lorry is an upgrade of an existing road/rail conversion of a MAN 23 tonne lorry. The main features GOS included was the replacement of the existing Outreach fitted MEWP with a new Palfinger PA95 MEWP basket as well as changing the existing flatbed layout to allow 360° slew of the new MEWP basket, with handrails raised, under OLE wires. The new design has the capacity to hold four personnel as well as the capacity to carry tools and equipment without restriction.
Palfinger is already well known for its unrivalled equipment which has made it an industry favourite and this machine, uniquely designed to operate in the railway environment, provides both access to elevated structures for the purposes of repair, maintenance and construction and with the basket removed can perform lifting operations.
Philmor MERLIN MPV fitted with optional swivel tip and gully emptying modules.